Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

My dad and I went to the 4th Street Festival again today. I brought my wallet this time, but my dad said everything was too expensive, even though I was paying out of my own pocket. There was the most amazing artwork; lots of glass, but some metal and wood as well. There were a few woodworking stalls that sold furniture, and also several photograph stalls that sold high quality photgrphs printed on canvas or paper. There was a space photo stall that had photos of nebulas and supernova remenants on canvas, and another that did panoramic shots of beautiful but obsure places.
About 70% of the art was materialistic, as opposed to paintings or drawings. For some reason, there was quite a lot of pottery/clay/porcelein/stoneware stalls. There were also two or three that sold purses, and some that sold clothes as well. There was one stall that had sculptures of a kind that were made out of felt, I think, and another that sold feather jewelery. I wanted to buy a cat-face kaleidoscope that could be worn around the neck, but my dad said it was way too expensive.
Although most of the artists seemed regional, there were some that came from Florida, Oregon, etc.
I saw several people I recognized at the fair, which is kind of weird, because I didn't know that any of the people I saw cared in any way about art. There was Alex, Nicholas, Al, Adrian, and Tensin (Tensen?)'s mom, who I met yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment